Dr. MARK S MILKINS, BDS Univ. Bham
Dental surgeon. Special interest in Implantology. Accredited ITI* Mentor
Mark was born in Bristol and educated at Bristol Grammar School. He graduated from University of Birmingham in 1980. After running his own practice for nearly 20 years in Pembrokeshire, he returned to the West Country in 2003.
Mark has a calm, kind approach to all his patients and takes time to understand individual needs and concerns. Patients receive a detailed written treatment plan with a breakdown of fees and schedule of appointments.
Mark has been placing implants since 2002; since 2009 he has devoted his entire time to Implantology.
He places several hundred implants/ year mainly in the aesthetic zone, from single crowns to full arch restorations, complex Bone Grafting procedures and Corrective Implant surgery. Treatments range from single implant crowns to complex full arch restorations and various grafting procedures including sinus and block augmentations.
Dental Implant Treatment
- Single implant retained crown
- Implant retained bridges
- Implant retained dentures (upper and lower)
- Bone Grafting procedures including Sinus and Block augmentations
- Oral surgery
- Teeth in one day -All on four restorations- Fast and Fixed Implants
- Straumann all Ceramic, metal free implant- Mark was one of the first implant surgeons in the UK to place this implant
We use predominantly Straumann implants, but if clinical situation dictates we can provide SKY (Bredent, Germany) or LODI (implant retained overdentures)
Main Postgraduate Studies
- Master’s course Sinus Grafting and Guided Tissue Regeneration, Univ. of Bern, Prof D. Buser
- Master’s course in Aesthetic Implant Dentistry, Univ. of Bern, Switzerland with Prof D. Buser
- Advanced Implant Dentistry- The Applications of Angulated and Wide Body Implants- The PI Branemark Institute, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 4 years of post-graduate studies at St Anne’s Dental Education Centre in Manchester - Paul Tipton, Specialist Prosthodontist
- Extensive postgraduate studies in Implantology and Periodontal surgery (min of 75 hours verifiable implant dentistry courses/ year)
- member of the International Team for Implantology, ITI
- member of Association of Dental Implantologists, ADI
- ITI mentor- actively mentoring a number of dentists and an ITI speaker
- Regular tutor on Surgical Anatomy course -Stuart Orton Jones, University of Bristol
- Restoring dental Implants, Implant Nurse Training programmes, seminars and lectures
We provide a FREE consultation for patients referred by their general dentist. Patients who wish to self-refer can do so for a fee of £75.00.